17. Navigating the hallways between classrooms at the Maritime Conference Center.
CLICK A BUTTON FOR MORE PICTURES OF CONVO 2019
19. Kimberlee Carlson and Kim Mason: Whoare these church women? Institute for Religious Education 1916.
20. Arliss Unger: Who Was Jared Sparks?
21. Catherine Evans, The Beginningsof Unitarianism in Baltimore.
Friday Evening: Tour of First Unitarian, Baltimore
22. Classroom with UU Convo 2019 attendees.
23. Buses leave the Maritime Center
24. Conference participants arrive in downtownBaltimore, Maryland at First Unitarian.
25. Catherine Evans, First ChurchBaltimore Historian led theevening tour.
26. First Unitarian in Baltimore, Maryland.
32. Dan McKanan
33. Channing’s Baltimore Sermon after 200 Years, a lecture by Dan McKanan, the Emerson UUA Senior Lecturer in Divinity,at the Harvard Divinity School. It was given from the same pulpitwhere the Baltimore Sermon had been delivered by William ElleryChanning in 1819.
34. Participants viewing the “LastSupper” mosaic.
29. In the chancel at First Unitarian in Baltimore.
30. The view from the pulpit.
31. Baltimore minister, David Carl Olsonintroduces Dan Mckanan.
27. Front doors.
28. Interior of First Unitarian
17 A. introducing Dr. Jenice View, George Mason University
17 B. Jenice View
We plan to enhance the pictures, provide click-on enlargement capability, and add additional information in the captions during the coming months.Click the top menu to go to another conference day in pictures.• The web designer and editor
Click above to Listen to the MP3 recording of Dan’s lecture.
of Channing’s sermon“Unitarian Christianity”
5. Hotel at the Maritime Conference Center.The covered walk connects it with the classroombuilding.
Friday Evening: Tour of First Unitarian, Baltimore - Archives
35. Participants viewing the historical archives room at Baltimore’sFirst Unitarian.