Growth in Unitarian Universalism
Join us in the Twin Cities for a rich gathering of ministers, scholars, students, and all others who cherish the history,
heritage, and future of Unitarian Universalism.
During the 2016 Convocation of Unitarian Universalist Studies, participants will present papers, panels/workshops,
performances, exhibits/posters, as well as an award-winning sermon and hymn.
October 27 – 30, 2016
Minneapolis / St. Paul
At the Airport Hilton,
Together we will explore a variety of
questions related to the theme:
• Which boundaries have defined or still
define Unitarian Universalism?
• What can the 19th-century Western
Controversy teach us about today’s
• What controversies reside in and
surround Unitarian Universalism today?
• How do legacies of conflict and violence
over “the frontier” shape Unitarian
• Where are today’s “frontiers”?
• How have Unitarian and Universalists
grown in the past?
• What might enable growth in Unitarian
Dr. Tisa Wenger -
Divinity & American
Religious History UU